What's Next in BGC: Relik Tapas Bar and Lounge


As if eating at Wildflour Cafe + Bakery wasn't enough, the same group of bloggers are set to try a different restaurant at Bonifacio Global City on the very same day. I commend the bloggers for having quite a big appetite.

Relik Tapas Bar and Lounge was our next destination, and to prepare ourselves for another set of food we decided to go there by walking to at least make up some space. That was about 2 km which was good enough to burn some of what we eaten. We don't want to waste this opportunity by eating on a full stomach.
We were welcomed at the restaurant by the chef himself, Chef Benjo "Benny" Tuason. His welcoming smile assured us that what we were about to partake are top notch dishes created by himself.

While waiting for the food, he stayed with us at the table to entertain our questions about the restaurant and himself. Chef Benny actually co-owns the restaurant along with some business partners. They opened their restaurant more than a year ago. Initially, Relik served as a bar while the kitchen is not yet complete.


OUR FOOD TASTING STARTED WITH THE APPETIZERS
If I had known that its called Garlic Shrimp Quesadillas before I even had a bite, I will definitely pass the opportunity to try this dish. I am not fond of shrimp dishes, but I did not regret the chance of tasting this dish as it was delicious (it did not have a strong shrimp smell that gives me headache).
Tasting Board is a dish with different appetizers served on a chopping board.
The thing I like with their Roasted Pumpkin Soup is that the soup was thick and creamy. This soup somehow helped me regain my appetite after feeling full from our previous food tasting.

HERE ARE SOME OF THE MAIN COURSE WE WERE ABLE TO TRY
Mother Ann's Braised Ox-tail met my expectations basing on its looks and smell. The dish was very savory and I enjoyed it very much. I just can't have enough of its sweet flavor.
Relik Mixed Paella looks very festive with all the different ingredients contributing a different color to the dish. Everyone can enjoy this dish in many ways depending on the what you had in your spoon. Seafood lovers can enjoy this dish by eating a spoonful with the shrimp. Meat lovers can enjoy too by having a spoonful along with their favorite meat ingredient.
Cochinillo was a jaw-dropping moment for me as it was served on the table. I must admit that my brain told me that I was already full, but my stomach somehow made room for this irresistible dish. I would not want to miss a chance to try this dish. It is definitely a must try!
I really like the Beef Tenderloin Salpicao here in Relik because the meat was really tender.
Chorizig is a sisig dish added with chorizo. Chef Benjo Tuason is fond of making dishes with chorizo in it. In fact, he is planning on putting up a restaurant with dishes having the chorizo as one of the ingredients.

WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO TRY ONE OF THE DESSERTS

Vanilla and Amaretto Panacotta was heaven for my taste buds. It was the perfect dessert after going through the dishes.

RELIK OFFERS AN ARRAY OF COCKTAIL DRINKS
Black Benny is one of the cocktail drinks available in the menu. Chef Benjo Tuason himself created this drink. He said that it is a tequila-based drink (if my memory serves me right).

***

RELIK TAPAS BAR & LOUNGE
2nd Floor, Commercenter Building, 31st Avenue corner 4th Street,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila, Philippines
Operation Hours: Mon-Sun (11AM-4AM)

Visit them on their Facebook Page!

________________________________________________________________________________
Disclaimer: The ratings are only applicable to the 
general target market of the restaurant!

GASTRO SPOT OVER-ALL RATING (for Class A-B)
Food | 4 | Price | 4 | Service | 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...